True Stories

Random memories mesh together to create a character. This one happens to be real; a 26-year-old Israeli boy studying film in NYC. (As with anything, it's best to start at the beginning. Go to the archives...) Copyright 2006

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

A true story about typing and spelling

Nearly two weeks ago I began to suffer from a dull pain emanating from the center of my left wrist. The pain grew over the next few days, as in my stubbornness I continued to work through it. I felt I had a glowing red ball inside my wrist, which occasionally shot out bolts of blue pain up to my elbow or down to my fingertips, leaving them tingling, then numb.

Today I finally went to see a doctor, who told me I have tendonitis as a result of straining my wrist with too much typing and too much guitar playing. She fitted me with a wrist splint, and instructed me to rest my hand for a week or two.
“That’s it, you’re good to go.” She said.
“Can I just ask one thing?” I said. “How do you spell tendonitis?”
She narrowed her eyes at me and said “All right, I’ll tell you how to spell it, but you really do need to stop typing for a while.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home