True Stories

Random memories mesh together to create a character. This one happens to be real; a 26-year-old Israeli boy studying film in NYC. (As with anything, it's best to start at the beginning. Go to the archives...) Copyright 2006

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

A true story about humility

My friend Gil from back home in Israel is a skinny bearded man with triangle shoulders, honest eyes and a modest smile. When we were much younger, Gil would never talk to me about sex. I would hear of his stories through other friends, but he never spoke a word of them to me. When I asked him about it he said “It was just something I needed to get over with, that’s all.” Another time, as he sat beside me in my car while driving in the middle of the night, he told me “You know, oral sex is not that great. I don’t know why people make such a big deal out of it.”
We were both silent for a handful of moments, and then he burst into an open and inviting laughter, which was rare for Gil to do; his laugh had always been an introverted one, accompanied by signs of a struggle.
He laughed and laughed and finally said “What the fuck am I saying?! Oral sex is not that great? What?!?”

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home